These days it can be observed that there is an increasing claim for beautiful teeth. The coming out of new substances and technologies enables the dentist to appease the highest aesthetic claims as well. We can reach spectacular results in case of broken or coloured teeth with creation of porcelain veneers. A porcelain veneer is a slight, homogenous layer, which covers the exposed surface of incisor and canine teeth and hides aesthetic problems. Its advantage is the minimal loss of substance (dentist needs abrade less from the tooth than in case of usual crown production) and colour and form will be absolutely perfect. In case of strongly filled tooth the use of it is not recommended.
Teeth whitening is another common aesthetic intervention in everyday praxis. There are two forms of it: whitening at home and in the clinic.
- In first case, whitening at home needs a flexible silicone rail made by the technician on the grounds of imprint made by the dentist. The patient at home attains treatment. The patient puts a prescribed amount of the substance into the rail and inserts it to the upper and lower teeth. Tooth whitetning can happen during the day or night. To reach the requested result treatment must be continued from 7 to 10 days. Whitening at home helps to reach lighter colour with 2 to 3 tones. The efficacy is mainly influenced by the patient's nutritional habits (if many pigment containing foods - coffee, tee, coke - are consumed by the patient the original colour will return sooner), mouth hygiene and smooking habits. In case of congenital and acquired failures of tooth substance, dental collum sensitivity or gingivitis whitetning is not recommended. It is essential to note that the colour of filling and prosthesis cannot be changed with either intervention.
Orthodontics is a specific area of dentistry that specializes in diagnosing, preventing and treating dental and facial issues, the most common, "straightening of crooked teeth". In layman's terms, the area of dentistry that deals with a "bad bite" also known in the dental profession as "malocclusion". In order to provide successful orthodontic treatment the dentist must be very skilled at using different types of corrective applications. They must be able to bring the teeth and jaw into proper alignment which requires an in depth understanding of how different corrective appliances work. The one drawback to orthodontic care, especially as an adult, is the length of time it takes to complete treatment. There are many new technologies today that make wearing dental braces less visible. Some treatment otions can accelerate the time it takes to correct your bad bite or crooked teeth. The best way to determine a treatment option is to have a consulation with a dentist that provides orthodontic care or a specialized orthodontist. Straightening your teeth with traditional orthodontics allows you to keep your natural teeth without having to remove natural tooth structure. If your teeth are healthy and just need to be aligned, orthodontics will allow you to preserve your natural teeth.
Benefits of orthodontic treatment:
- Better appearance of teeth, smile and face
- Improved self esteem and self confidence
- Cleaner, healthier teeth
- Keeping your natural teeth without having to remove natural tooth structure
- An even bite for improved jaw alignment and function